J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Sunday, April 14, 2019

James J. Cudney's APRIL MONTAGUE - character interview


MEET MY CHARACTER

B07KRQR6BN
1.   Who are you?
o   What is your name?
·   April Montague
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
·   Fictional
o   What should we know about you?
·   I’m the sheriff of Wharton County in Pennsylvania. I am in my early-mid-thirties and grew up in Buffalo, New York. After my fiancĂ© was murdered in a drive-by shooting, I left home and moved to what I thought would be a nice, quiet little town. And, it was, until Kellan Ayrwick returned home from Los Angeles. With him came a bunch of murders, the mob, and much mischief.
·   I’m a no-nonsense gal, and I tend to be abrupt and direct. For some reason, this Ayrwick dude keeps coming back for more. What’s worse… I’m starting to like him now.
2.   Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·   I’m part of the BraxtonCampus Mysteries written by James J. Cudney.
·   In the first three books that have been published, I caught all the criminals. In the upcoming fourth book, Mistaken Identity Crisis, I’m dealing with an eight-year-old jewelry theft that seems to be repeating itself. Then, of course, it turns into murder… and guess who found the body? If you said Kellan, then you win the prize.
·   I’ve gone front and center in this book, as I am also helping my little buddy fight the mob to get his wife back from their clutches. Oh… I miss the quiet days in Buffalo!
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   To protect the world from the bad guys, but also to get a piece of my life back.
·   When I lost my fiancĂ©, I threw myself into investigations to try to save him. I know it’s not possible, and I will find love again… but until that happens, I’m all business and no relaxation.
·   Ideally, I’d like to find a strong man who understands my job and doesn’t worry about me constantly being in the line of fire. He has to recognize I’m not your average woman, and he better not be your average guy.
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   In the last 6 months, there have been five murders in Wharton County. That’s more than the last few years combined. I can’t figure out what’s causing it, or if we’re just catching up for lost time.
·   I’m thinking about starting a citizen’s crime force team to help keep watch. I’m sure Kellan will want to lead it, and he’s probably the best guy for the task. The more I think about it, he has a lot of the qualities that I admire in a… no, never mind… I’m not going there. I’ve got Augie to worry about, and he needs to be my focus when I’m not at work.
3.   How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?
o   Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
·   The 4th book, Mistaken Identity Crisis, will release on 6/30 but you can pre-order it now in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG