MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· Kellan Michael Ayrwick, but it seems I’ve got lots of nicknames from my friends, colleagues, and enemies.
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
· I’m definitely the one and only of my kind, and I was created less than a year ago. So, I’m fictional.
o What should we know about you?
· I’m a 32-year-old single father to a young girl, named Emma. My wife was killed in a drunk driving accident in Los Angeles.
· I’m considering a move back to a small cozy town, named Braxton, in Pennsylvania where my family is from. My parents run Braxton College and want me to come back to teach.
· I work in the TV/Film industry on someone else’s reality show, but I’d love to host my own murder mystery series.
2. Tell us about your story:
o When and where is your tale set?
· The first book kicks off in current times, pretty much the here and now. Braxton is 1 of 4 villages in fictional Wharton County, which is in north central PA. It’s modeled after several different real-life towns and colleges.
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· To find love again and get married. I’d like to have another kid or two, but I also want to publish a few books and mentor college students looking to work in television and movies.
· Secretly, I think I want to be a detective as I seem to have a knack for finding dead bodies and solving crimes.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· The current sheriff, April Montague, loves to harass me. I am threatened weekly with time in a holding cell or being arrested.
· My grandmother, Nana D, also asks me to help solve too many of her own small crimes, so I get stuck with way too many bosses. Let’s not even talk about my real boss, Dr. Myriam Castle. She’s a pain in the rear.
· You’re probably seeing a theme in my life with the women I’m closest to… at least, I have a few that treat me fairly.
3. How do I get a copy of your book?
o What is the title or working title for this piece?
· Academic Curveball followed by Broken Heart Attack were the first two books published. They are available on Amazon.
o Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
· The third one, Flower Power Trip, comes out in March 2019.