J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

James J. Cudney's Protagonist, Kellan Michael Ayrwick


MEET MY CHARACTER

1.   Who are you?
o   What is your name?
·   Kellan Michael Ayrwick, but it seems I’ve got lots of nicknames from my friends, colleagues, and enemies.
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
·   I’m definitely the one and only of my kind, and I was created less than a year ago. So, I’m fictional.
o   What should we know about you?
·   I’m a 32-year-old single father to a young girl, named Emma. My wife was killed in a drunk driving accident in Los Angeles.
·   I’m considering a move back to a small cozy town, named Braxton, in Pennsylvania where my family is from. My parents run Braxton College and want me to come back to teach.
·   I work in the TV/Film industry on someone else’s reality show, but I’d love to host my own murder mystery series.
2.   Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·   The first book kicks off in current times, pretty much the here and now. Braxton is 1 of 4 villages in fictional Wharton County, which is in north central PA. It’s modeled after several different real-life towns and colleges.
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   To find love again and get married. I’d like to have another kid or two, but I also want to publish a few books and mentor college students looking to work in television and movies.
·   Secretly, I think I want to be a detective as I seem to have a knack for finding dead bodies and solving crimes.
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   The current sheriff, April Montague, loves to harass me. I am threatened weekly with time in a holding cell or being arrested.
·   My grandmother, Nana D, also asks me to help solve too many of her own small crimes, so I get stuck with way too many bosses. Let’s not even talk about my real boss, Dr. Myriam Castle. She’s a pain in the rear.
·   You’re probably seeing a theme in my life with the women I’m closest to… at least, I have a few that treat me fairly.
3.   How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?
·   Academic Curveball followed by Broken Heart Attack were the first two books published. They are available on Amazon.
           
o   Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
·   The third one, Flower Power Trip, comes out in March 2019.

1 comment:

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG