J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Britt McCormick - Lone Wolf

MEET MY CHARACTER

1.     Who are you?
o   What is your name?
·   The Cheyenne people call me Lone Wolf.
·   My given name was Britt McCormick.
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
·   Fictional
o   What should we know about you?
·   I was originally from Corbin, Kentucky until my father, Daniel, decided to uproot the family and move to the territory we now know to be Montana. Although he had good intentions, my father was not a man of the world, and he was ill prepared to take his family on this long journey.
·   By the time my family reached Montana, in the dead of winter, my mother, sister and father eventually died from pneumonia. Their sudden death left a boy of sixteen stranded in the Montana wilderness in the dead of winter.
·   Lucky for me, I was found by a Cheyenne chief, named Running Fox, who saw strong medicine in my eyes and gave me the name of Lone Wolf.
·   My tale is about how I was thrown into a foreign world with people who did not like the white man nor did they speak my language. My tale is about falling in love with the most beautiful woman I had ever lay eyes on, and her name was Fawn.  The story is about how I earned her love and the respect of my new people.
2.     Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·        The wilderness of Montana 1840
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   I want Fawn to love me with all her heart. I want to fit in and have a new beginning in life.
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   Within the Cheyenne culture, a brave must earn his manhood and for an outsider, it is even a worse task.
3.     How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG