J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Monday, September 25, 2017

My Book Review of ENVY

Envy (Protectors of the Elemental Magic Book 4)Envy by Marnie Cate
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you love fantasy, magic, fairies, and romance, then this is the story for you!

ENVY can be read as a standalone, but the series is fantastic, and I highly recommend it!

The town of Starten hides many secrets, but none so sinister as those of the Drygen's. After tragically losing her father and brothers, beautiful Blanche isn't just the sole heiress to the family's wealth and businesses, but she is also the unfortunate soul intended to pay for her another's sins. Greed and ego draw the attention of the wicked Winter Goddess, whose whims shape Blanche's future because of the bad choices of her mother, Camille. These whims sweep you along with Blanche as she faces decades of drama and heartbreak.

What I loved the best about this story was the humanity of Blanche. I loved her flaws, and even when she was cruel herself, I rooted for her, wishing things could be different. I think everyone of us can relate to being in a situation where we have no control. We can all relate to being involved in things we didn't consciously choose to be included in, things snowballed, or circumstances flung us into something completely unexpected. I also think we can all relate to Blanche's jealous admiration of her nemesis, Mae Silver. In another time and place, Mae and Blanche would have been friends, but Mae had the magical blessings of Danu while Blanche bore the darkness of the goddess, Snowystra.

I loved the characters and the magical world. The richness of the author's creation just seems to grow with each level of the tales told in this series. I am addicted, and I know you will be too!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG