J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Friday, May 21, 2021

Meet Dana from YEAR OF THE WHAT?

 MEET MY CHARACTER


1.   Tell us about your story:

o   What is the name of your book?

·  Year of the What?

o   What genre is it?

·  Year of the What? is Chicklit.

o   When and where is your tale set?

·  The story takes place in New York City.

2.   Who are you?

o   What is your name?

·  My name is Dana.

o   Are you a fictional or historical character?

·  I’m a fictional character loosely based on the author’s true experience.

o   What’s your role in the story – are you the protagonist or a supporting character?

·  I’m the protagonist of the story.

o   Are you a human, animal, alien, robot, or something completely different?

·  I am a human heterosexual female.

o   Do you consider yourself to be good, bad, or indifferent?  Would others agree with this assessment – why, or why not?

·  I consider myself to be a good girl, however the girls from where I grew up in small town Canada would disagree because I had the courage to move to the big city and expose myself to a different way of life. The fact that I dated and lived with my musician boyfriend in a basement in Queens before marriage was scandalous to the girls back home.  Inversely, my New York roommate Kelly, the dominatrix, would consider me a nun compared to her outrageous, adventurous and alternative sensibilities.

3.   What do we need to know about you?

o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?

·  I want it all…to find “the one” and fall madly in love and live happily ever after with a man who is also supportive of my career goals in the theatre.

o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?

·  I think the number one thing standing between my and my goals is the fact that I don’t have very much confidence with men, or with my ability as an actor, or in myself in general. The little confidence I did have in myself came from my best friend Sean’s belief in me, he has been in a coma for many months now and without his encouragement I’ve lost sight of who I am. Every time I get some footing in my career I compromise my goals to be with a man who I’ve convinced myself could be “the one”.

o   Why is this goal important to you?  What’s your motivation?

·  My goals are important because I want to feel loved and accepted and worthwhile, doesn’t everyone?

o   If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?

·  If I could change one thing about myself I guess it would be to be beautiful, like 'walk in the room and everyone looks at you kinda beautiful’ then maybe I would have more confidence to go after the life I dream of.

4.   How do I get a copy of your book?

o   Is it available now, or when can we expect to see it released?

·  Year of the What? is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and most places books are sold. The digital version is available exclusively on Kindle and the audiobook is available on Amazon, Audible and iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG