J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Weldon R. Shaw's VICTORIA: In Search of Herself

Book Spotlight

1)    What is the title of your book?
Ø  What is the story about?
Victoria is about a young New York City model who became successful after being raised as a poor child in an abusive environment. Victoria had everything money could buy, except one thing, and that was love. Due to Victoria's father being an abusive alcoholic during her childhood, she taught herself to have no trust for men.
The life Victoria lived was lavish, but in the end, it turned out to be nothing more than a prison that kept her confined. She always thought about her past, and it tormented her deeply. Victoria knew for her to get over her childhood and to be able to find true love, she would have to go home to confront her demons that haunted her. Victoria is a beautiful story filled with deep emotions. It has many qualities that many women can relate to.
Ø  Who is the main character?
·  Victoria
2)   What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·   Victoria is my first attempt at a modern day romance. Most of my romance sex scenes are what I would call midstream in their graphic content. Victoria, well it is a little different. I wanted to step outside of my safe box and go graphic on the sex scenes. I just wanted to try it one time to see if I was up to the challenge.
·  With that being said, I want the reader to know Victoria is not an erotic story based on sex. It only has three sex scenes in it and there in the tale to spice up a beautiful story that many women will be able to relate to.
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel, and if so, why?
·  No
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you, personally?
·  Maybe

ü   If yes, then how?
o   Victoria is a strong character
Ø  About the character:
ü   What should readers know about this character?
·   When I was very young, I came in contact with a young girl at school who used to sit at my table at lunchtime. She never talked, and you could tell she came from a low-income family. The other kids pretty much outcast her from their groups so I never really saw her talking to anyone.
·   I often wondered how this little girls life turned out, so I created a life for her in Victoria In Search Of Herself.
ü   Why is this character important to you?
o   This character shows people they’re not alone as far as their past tormenting them.
Ø  Do you consider the main character of your story to be good or bad, and why?
·  Good, but a very strong woman that no one is going to push around.
Ø  What’s the objective of your character?
o   I want people to know that no matter how bad your childhood was or how poor you were raised, it doesn't have to dictate who you become in life.
4)     Is there anything you specifically want readers to know about this piece of work?
Victoria was a challenge for me because not only were the sex scenes graphic but I also had to think as a woman would think while writing this story. I must have pulled it off because reviewers raved about the story. (I will attach two reviews to this area.)
REVIEW - One of the most exciting new books I've read this year comes from Weldon R. Shaw. His new book "Victoria: In Search of Herself" is an addictive read that leads the reader into the mind of a woman who wants it all. The writing reminded me of "Scruples" by Judith Krantz. A tough woman who makes the right decisions and created by a writer who has a keen insight into the mind of the female.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading a novel that will keep them hooked for hours. I just hope this author turns out another book in the same vein.
- Jen Hill
REVIEW - When I was asked to be an early review for Weldon R. Shaw and his new romance novel "Victoria: In Search of Herself" I took a look at his other books. Not only did I find that he was a writer of many different genres--I realized that this new one was the best thing he had written so far. If women don't get excited by "Victoria “and her story--I don't know what's wrong with them. Shaw has a delicate way of writing about the mystique of the female mind. He has a keen sense of understanding what the reader wants to know. He understands how a story can take the reader from their life and transport them into the lives of his characters. I found this book to be utterly charming and impossible to put down.
-        Charlotte Hamilton
ü   If yes, then why did you chose it?
o   The moral of Victoria is anyone can succeed if he or she tries hard and do not allow obstacles to get in his or her way.
5)     Is this novel a standalone?
   Yes
Ø  If it is a part of a series, what’s the series name?
·  no
6)     Where can readers connect with you and purchase your book?
Available on Amazon in Kindle/Paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG