J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Meet STEPHAN MATTHEWS from COMING DARKNESS

MEET MY CHARACTER

  1. Who are you?
    • What is your name?
      • ·   My name is Stephan Matthews.
    • Are you a fictional or historical character?
      • ·   Am I real? Are you real? I dare you to say no.
    • What should we know about you?
      • ·   I am a vampire of Clan Water. The one who made me, Valerie, did so illegally although I didn’t know it at the time. I found out later that there is a fairly long process for bringing a human into the Clan; it’s not just about turning them. She skipped every step. I’m glad she did. The five years I spent with her were the most exhilarating of my life.
      • ·   Eventually, we were caught and sentenced to die. She, for breaking the rules of the Clan, me for existing. But I had no intention of dying. Oh no, not when everything I ever wanted was within my hands. I have beauty - to be fair I had that before I was turned - but now I get to stay this way forever! And I hold power, true power. It is true that feeding is an experience beyond ecstasy, but killing is a rush beyond even that. I’ve chased bigger and better rushes all my life – whether in the courtroom, or with sex, or drugs... But I wasn’t even close. I’ll never forget my first. She begged me. Begged. Me. She was a mess, crying with the snot and everything. I had become a god, the way she looked at me. No sense of dignity or self-consciousness; just a scared animal begging for her life. I made her my puppet. She did everything I wanted, all because she wanted to survive. That’s true power.
      • ·   Anyway, I love this life and have no plans to lose it. Clan Leader Jarvis was easy to convince – all I had to do was wiggle my ass, like I’d never paid for something on my knees before. Please. He didn’t expect me to live long, and working my way through the brothels was unpleasant, but I had to position myself. I was finally in the right place when Te walked in, and in no time at all, he was mine.
      • ·   When he said he’d make me his Consort on one condition, I thought he was kidding. Was it worth it? Since I am now the most powerful vampire besides Kai, yeah, I’d say it was.
  1. Tell us about your story:
    • When and where is your tale set?
      • ·   Modern day. I live in The City, the underground refuge for Other-kin. It’s Te’s domain and we have quarters there. I help him out with The City’s administration, freeing him to spend time on the surface with Lucifer (and Kai).
    • What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
      • ·   Don’t get me wrong, I do love Te and he treats me well, but ultimately I want to be Lucifer’s Consort.  His current partner, Kai, is an embarrassing mud flap. The most powerful and beautiful creature in the universe needs a complementary partner! He and I would make the perfect power couple – such grace and beauty! I, of course, would take care of his affairs, and he would rule over us all while showering me with love and compliments.
    • What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
      • ·   Fucking Kai is in my way. He’s a thousand years older than me! Even if I could fight, there’s no way I could beat him. But killing him is not impossible, I just have to be clever, and place the right people in the right position to do the job for me. It just can’t come back to me – Lucifer would kill me if it did - my hands have to be clean.  As you can probably imagine, trying to work out how to get him out of the way has been bothering me for a longtime.  So wasn’t I surprised when the stupid fuck goes and does almost all of the work for me! The plan is perfect – completely foolproof – everybody will see it and know that I had absolutely nothing to do with it. I can’t wait! I’ll give Lucifer an appropriate time for mourning, then I’ll swoop in and we’ll live happily ever after!
  1. How do I get a copy of your book?
    • What is the title or working title for this piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG