J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Taisha Demay's New Release

WIPs and New Releases


1)     Tell us about your book…

Ø  Is this a WIP or a new release?

·     New Release

Ø  Is it a standalone or an installment to a series or collection?

·     Standalone

Ø  What is the story about?

·     The story centers around Areum Choi an immigrant a violinist prodigy for the Cape Cod symphony

2)    What inspired this tale?

Ø  How did you come up with the plot?

·     This particular story, It Had to Be You was inspired by a story I saw on the news show 60 Minutes about immigrants and how they escape from a third-world country or an impoverished one. Hitching rides on boats, paying people to smuggle them into the country and in the case of my heroine, stowing away on a cargo ship. It’s a story of survival and overcoming the odds.

Ø  Did you have to research for this novel – if so, what and why?

·     Not really, I just used what I remembered from serving in the Army and what I learned from that particular news piece.

Ø  If you did research, what surprised you most to learn, and why do you think that was?

·     How many people actually make it across alive.

3)   Tell us about your character?

Ø  Who is the main character?

·     Areum Choi

Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you, personally?

o   If yes, then how?

§  Yeah, she’s a survivor against all odds just like myself.

Ø  What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?

·     I wanted to tell a story about someone that despite the odds being against her, having lived on the streets using her wits and depending on the kindness of others managed to come out unscathed.

4)   Is there anything specific that you want readers to know about this piece of work?

I want my readers to know that every story I write contains a little bit of myself in it.

5)    How do we get a copy?



o   Are you offering ARCs to beta readers – if you are, how do they contact you for a copy?

§  Yeah, they can email me at taishademay@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG