J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Sunday, September 20, 2020

My Book Review of THE SECRET WITCH

The Secret WitchThe Secret Witch by Jeff Severcool
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting Period Piece

I enjoyed this story, but I'm left with questions I'm hoping the sequel answers. The complexity of the characters is enticing, and their own curiosity matches my own. Their journey for knowledge and truth is one I'm excited to join them on.
The author did a fantastic job painting the era of the tale. The speech used pills you in, transporting you as much as the reacts and scenery. I loved it - well done!
Some of the thoughts, opinions, and actions of the characters are disturbing, though authentic. The history of the time period and the motives/personal stories behind the players leave room for many spinoffs. I'm eager to see what Jeff Severcool comes up with next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG