MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Tell us about your story:
o What is the name of your book?
· My story is told in The Dragon’s Brood Cycle, which consists of several books. The first and second installments are available now and are called Haven Lost and Haven Divided. There are some shorter stories, too, which involve some of my friends and people I’ve meant through my adventures.
o When and where is your tale set?
· My current adventures began on a December day, 2015, in Minneapolis, but it wasn’t long before I found myself in another world and a very different time—at least, that is how it seemed to me at the time. I’ve been learning as I go that not everything is exactly how it seems. This place has magic and creatures straight out of my childhood nightmares. Amidst the castles and faerie creatures, there are remnants of things that seem to be from my old, ordinary world, and I’m still unravelling that mystery.
2. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· My name is Emily Haven. I am—uh, was I guess—still in high school. My old life seems a long time ago now. I played hockey for the girls’ team, and for as long as I can remember, I had an ability—I called it the knowing—that let me react to what players would do before they did it. It sounds crazy—maybe it is. It’s not like being psychic, really. It’s like seeing a film just one or two frames ahead—or maybe like watching what’s happening in slow-motion.
· After Mom took her last drug trip, I found myself here—fighting dark creatures and wielding a sword. It’s all connected. Life is weird.
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
· If it is possible to be both, then I guess I am. If not, I’d say I’m more fictional than historical, but it is complicated. There’s so much more to who I am—who I’ve been—than I ever knew, and I’m still finding all that out, too.
o Are you a human, animal, alien, robot, or something completely different?
· I’m most decidedly human, but some of the people I’ve met here are definitely not.
o Are you good, bad, or indifferent?
· I try to be the best person I can be. I don’t always succeed—but I try.
3. What do we need to know about you?
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· When I first found myself in this strange new world, I wanted to find my way back, only with Mom gone, there wasn’t very much to go back to.
· Lately, I’ve been trying to work out why I’m here and take care of the people I love. Celine and Corbb are more like family to me than anything I had in my old, screwed up life, and I want to hang on to that.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· There’s a war going on here; different factions are all fighting with each other, and they’re all trying to drag me into the middle of it. It’s hard to know for sure which side I should be fighting on or even why I should be fighting at all. I’m not “The Chosen One” or anything like that stuff you read in stories—but so many people think I’m important, or that the people around me are important.
o What motivates you?
· Protecting my friends.
o If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?
· I didn’t have the easiest time growing up, and I think that’s why my temper sometimes runs away with me. I wish it didn’t. Sometimes people get hurt.
4. How do I get a copy of your book?
o Is it available now, or when can we expect to see it released?
· The first two books of my story, and two stories about some of my friends, are available now, and the third volume of my story is currently being written.
o Do you have a universal link available?
· My story starts with Haven Lost
· It continues in Haven Divided
· There’s also Harmony’s Song (about my friend Daniel)
· And Treasures and Trinkets about Maddy https://books2read.com/treasuresandtrinkets