J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Monday, October 28, 2019

An Interview With CG Blade

Author CG Blade's Interview 

1) How about a brief synopsis of your life? 
I dreamt of being a writer since I was a child. After high school and some college, I went into the Navy. After eight years in the Navy, I went to more college classes. I became a robotic engineer. Heredity disc disease in my back would see my dream of being and doing what I always wanted to do as an engineer go down the tubes. After thirteen back surgeries and pain 24/7, I decided to start a journal of my life and my pain. The journal turned into nightmares I would have, and from there it was story plots. Since English and Creative Writing were my favorite classes in college, I decided to give Cobalt, my first novel a go. Little did I know I had sixteen stories in my head that needed to come out swinging. It was driving me crazy. If I was not writing, I felt awful. It turned into a compulsion and homage to Jackie, my wife, and all of the women in my life, for taking care of me during all of my surgeries. I now write every day even if it is notes, story ideas, or napkins. “Hello, my name is Chris, and I am addicted to being an author.”

2) What made you want to write books? 
It was more like a compulsion, at least now it is. I have always been a big fan of Philip K. Dick, Ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein, and the list goes on… The possibilities of science fiction, robotics, artificial intelligence, and the incredible twists and turns inside the books always made me admire how they were written. Watching and reading science fiction as a teenager through my adult years fueled my efforts to write my own series. The very first movie I ever saw was the Hammer (Bray) Studios production of ‘Five Million Years to Earth’ (Quartermass and the Pit). I was so enamored with this film, and it started my sci-fi train rolling. I grabbed every fiction book I could get my hands on and never stopped reading. I swore to myself if I ever began writing, I would make it a science-fiction story that I would have loved to read. It means so much to me that I was able to see this dream through and that lovers of the genre are very accepting of this series.

3) Where or from whom do you get your inspiration? 
You could almost answer this question by looking above, mainly movies, books, and actual real-life technology. Technology is moving so fast that it is hard to keep up with it as a writer. I also have three muses. One is my lovely wife Jackie, who is a character in my books, and the other is my editor, Cindy Calloway a character in Emerald. I run my writing past my wife, read it to her, and she will give me a thumbs up or a “that may need to be rewritten” look. As far as the technical aspect of things, my editor Cindy is my go-to muse. Besides being an editor, she is a chemist and a biologist. This works out very well with the technical aspect of my writing. Cindy will suggest other ideas or thoughts on my work. Both of them are crucial to my writing throughout its inception, development, and completion. The other muse is Karen Smiley. Sarcasm helps quite a bit.

4) I personally hate this question, but my editor suggested that I ask it. Do you have a favorite book? 
Without a doubt, it would have to be Philip K. Dick’s “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” for so many reasons.

5) Who is your favorite character? 
I would probably have to say the foul-mouth four-year-old prodigy, Jaesa. She is so complicated and turns out to be the consummate woman at eighteen. Her character is complex in the way that she is one of 22,000 Pseudosynths that have gone through “reverse Transhumanism” and become organic out of something machine. This has never been done in a book before as far as I know.

6) How do you come up with your characters? 
All of my characters are real people in real life. I just give them something to aim towards, some twists and turns, and make them a protagonist or an antagonist. It is so much fun to twist people you know around a bit. In addition, the cover art on all of the novels is the main character and is a real person. Some characters are anagrams of famous people.

7) Why should people read your books? 
On the following colorful pages of the Pseudoverse Series, you will find the exciting Pseudoverse Series novels of the genres, and sub-genres of Conspiracy Kitchen Sink, Pulp Fiction, Historical Science Fiction, Genetic Engineering, A.I., Pop Culture, Music, Magic, Fantasy, Witchcraft, Robotics, Horror, Sex, Romance, Mystery, and Noir Crime.
The underlying mythology that transcends from novel to novel is an enigma or a puzzle. Who is human and who is a "Pseudo-Synthetic"?
Each novel is a different theme or genre, but the sub-plots remain the same and moves forward from book to book. Can you guess who is a "Pseudosynth," a synthetic robotic replacement, and who is human in this captivating and thrilling series?
Pick up one of our novels today, and lose all control over tonight...we guarantee once you begin reading the series it is tough to stop!
Our readers say, “This series needs to be movies, and if they are not it is a damn shame.” 
I have written them so that they are script ready. The Pseudoverse Novels are completely original, and we have been told once you pick one up and start reading it, you will be up all night trying to finish it. This is a great compliment. These novels are 50% fiction and 50% historical accuracy. Taking the reader down many thrilling cyber roads and mysterious paths, the plots, and narratives rely heavily on past and present scientific, historical research, and the human condition. Melding the past with the possible future, these novels are carefully mixed and stirred with music lyrics, real people, historical fiction, and the potential of artificial intelligence run amok. Fused with satirical commentary and the first musical “Grindhouse” intermissions in novels (Including poetry), the writing continues with Amaranth, Turquoise, Amber, Gold, Copper, Radium, and Granite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG