WIPs and New Releases
1) Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø What is the story about?
· The new one is called, Behind the Red Curtain.
· It’s about a woman in her forties that gets taken prisoner by man, tied up in a room inside a skyscraper, and tortured physically and mentally.
· The book is very dark, and explores the recesses of the mind and how much it can take.
Ø Who is the main character?
· Lucy works in a gourmet popcorn shop. When a man asks her out, she can’t help but say yes – he was just too damned attractive. As a prisoner, her mind will be stretched to the breaking point many times over, and she uses the wisdom of her past to cope.
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did the story come to you?
· I was in the process of writing another book, but it was kicking my ass. I finally decided to put it on hold. Just after I made the decision, I went to the bathroom, and the idea came to me.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel, and if so, why?
· I did have to do a bit of research into exactly how one-way mirrors work.
Ø If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn, and why?
· I did not know that the mirrors only work if one side is completely dark.
3) Do you relate to your character?
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
· All of my characters are a bit like me.
Ø If yes, then how?
· I am not the most stable individual, and exploring the process of insanity affected me a great deal.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
· The setting for the story came first, and then I just needed to craft a character that would fit in.
· Much of Lucy came together as I wrote the first draft.
4) Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
This one really is intense. There is gore, rape, and serious psychological terror.
5) When will the novel be available for purchase?
I hope to be done within a few months.