J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Joe Compton's JACK CASEY from AMONGST THE KILLING

MEET MY CHARACTER

  1. Who are you?
    • What is your name?
      • You should know who I am. I am Jack; Jack Casey.
    • Are you a fictional or historical character?
      • Fictional, at least you hope.
    • What should we know about you?
      • Everything, I am more famous than half the famous people out there, or maybe it’s infamous. I am cagey, smarter than you, stronger than you, I have no boundaries, and I have no scruples.  I am bound by no rules other than those of nature. I am your worst nightmare or your greatest hero. That’s for you to decide, and I don’t care which one you choose.
  1. Tell us about your story:
    • When and where is your tale set?
      • Late 1970’s, early 1980’s.
    • What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
      • To be completely free and have my family free of all of society’s clutches. Society has bound man to a docile and feeble existence. While other species, well below our food chain, have evolved, we have devolved. We have taken for granted our power, our truth, and have replaced it with comfort and fear.
      • These things do not bind me anymore. If I don’t like you, I am going to kill you. I need something, I will take it. All you have to do is challenge me for that right or get out of my way.
    • What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
      • You, him, her, and, most of all, Detective Charles Street of the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division.
      • I did something heinous to him, and to his credit, he is still coming, but he isn’t charging after me with reckless abandonment like I had hoped. So, I need to make him realize how grateful he should be to me for leading his awakening, because that’s what he is experiencing.  
      • He is cold and calculating, maybe even more so than me. Probably someone I would have called a friend, if not for his “morals”, and if you at all knew me, you‘d know what a big statement I just made.  
  1. How do I get a copy of your book?
    • What is the title or working title for this piece?
    • Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG