J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Friday, November 17, 2017

IN TIMES OF VIOLENCE - Young Adult Version

Book Spotlight

1)      What is the title of your book?
Ø  What is the story about?

MC Romance Young Adult Edition

·     Jade had been sheltered most of her life. Living in an isolated village with only sex and drugs to entertain. Her mother is an alcoholic and her father doesn't give a damn.
·     Her only way out is to beg her Aunt to allow her to stay as a guest in their London house.
·     Jade meets fate head on in the form of Marcus, president of the Tyrants MC. She finally finds a family that loves and respects her and they are not BLOOD. Nothing comes easy to Jade and she is forced to fight to keep her title and status. Then, just when life starts to go right, one-night changes everything.
READER COMMENTS:
>>>A raw emotional story about love, betrayal, and sacrifice.” <<<
"In Times of Violence had an addictive storyline. I actually got up in the middle of the night to finish reading it. I loved Jade, although I don't fully understand her or her motives."
"Do not miss this book. Jade, Marcus and Dylan will bring out the feels."
"Remember it's not always blood relatives that make a family!"
Ø  Who is the main character?
·     Jade. She’s a sheltered teen. Who feels as though she’s suffocating?  Arranging to spend the summer with an aunt and cousin she doesn’t know very well, could be the answer to her prayers.
2)     What inspired this tale?
Life experiences.
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·     I wrote ITOV as a short 18 page story, when I broke up with my first love.
·     I’ve loved S.E.Hinton’s The Outsiders and always had the thought to write a book.
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel, and if so, why?
·     Not really. My first love was a biker. I used to sing in a rock band and gig in biker pubs, so I was always around the lifestyle.
3)     Do you relate to your character?
Yes, a lot of what Jade experiences, I went through. And what else I put my character through; I’ve been with her all the way.
There’s always a part of me in all my books, but ITOV is very biographical.
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
ü  If yes, then how?
o    She’s stubborn and naive. I’m still stubborn now and I suppose back then I was a little naive only because everything was a new experience. But I quickly grew up and knew my role.
Ø  What made you write this character; were they based on a real person or something that inspired you?
·       I had a story to tell. It is fiction, but also a little biographical
ü  What should readers know about this character?
o    The shit she puts up with and why?
ü  Why is this character important to you?
o    It tells a relevant love story. It’s not hearts and flowers. Life is dark and love is not an easy thing to find or keep.
Ø  Do you consider the main character of your story to be good or bad, and why?
·     She good. All Jade wants is to be loved and respected.
Ø  What’s the objective of your character?
·     She’s never felt like she fitted in; with her role in life and so she’s searching. And she finally finds a family even if it is an unconventional family.
4)       Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
In Times of Violence is an entertaining novel, exaggerated in parts to keep the entertaining factor. But I’m also not afraid to tell the truth. I don’t stretch it too far. I tell it like it is.
Ø  Is there a particular idea or morale you are trying to convey?
·     Don’t settle for less than you think you are worth.
5)       Is this novel a standalone?
In Times of Violence YA Edition is a standalone. But the adult version is the first book in a four book series.
Ø  If it is the first in a series, when can we expect to see the next book published?
·     OUTLAW is published and has been out for a few years. It was my fans that asked for a YA standalone and an adult version of In Times of Violence. I am still working on ITOV adult to complete the series again.
Ø  If it is a part of a book series, can it be read as a standalone or do you need to read the entire series to experience the full realm of the tale?
·     No. They are all standalone novels. They all have the OUTLAW connection and are about outlaw MC clubs.
6)    Where can readers connect with you and purchase your book?  If you have a universal link, please provide it here.
My books can be found HERE.
You can connect with me HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG