MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· You can call me Stone Anders. And with me is Renee Devereaux.
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
o What should we know about you?
· Stone and I are a mercenary and a thief respectively. We have been in the business for years and have the reputation to show for it. And we have worked together for more than a decade. That is quite a long time to work with the same person in this line of work.
· We are also both Talented, and I do not mean merely skilled at what we do. The Talent is magical ability, granting control over the elements—air, water, fire, earth, and aether. The specifics manifest differently for each Talent—some with control over one element, others over more. He has always been a bit more open about his abilities to manipulate fire. I, however, prefer not give away the secrets of exactly what I can do and lose the edge that mystery affords me.
2. Tell us about your story:
o When and where is your tale set?
· Renee’s and my story starts on a job in Moscow in 1997. But that’s the nature of the business: the job could be anywhere, and sticking around after is just asking to get caught.
· Our story passes through multiple countries—both in Europe and the US—and our debut book ends in 2010.
· But real world or not, both the criminal underworld and the Talented one are worlds hidden in plain sight. Wouldn’t do any of us much good to be dragged into the spotlight.
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· Stone and I are criminals. As far as that is concerned, our goals are simple. Profit. Reputation.
· Our third goal also sounds simple: Survival. But it is not.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· In this business, everyone makes enemies. You can’t have been around as long as Renee and I have—and have the kind of reputation we have—without pissing off some pretty powerful people. And some of those enemies have long memories and are more than willing to make good on their threats.
3. How do I get a copy of your book?
o What is the title or working title for this piece?
o Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
· It’s available now.
· Purchase links: