J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Friday, March 17, 2017

My Book Review of PLAYING WITH FIRE

Playing with Fire (Criminal Elements, #1)Playing with Fire by Clare Meyers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Don't Judge This Book By Its Cover!
I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review.
When I first saw the cover, I wondered what I'd gotten myself into. I cannot be more honest than to tell the authors to invest in a quality cover because the current one doesn't do it justice! THIS BOOK WAS GREAT!
I enjoyed the characters, even the offensive techie, Rook. Of course, my favorite was the female protagonist, Renee.
I thought the use of magic and spells was refreshing. The variances in talents and how they interplayed in the world was cool. I am intrigued to learn more about the background story to Renee and the history of the magical families introduced to us in this book. I am thankful it is a series and looking forward to uncovering more information in book 2!
I highly recommend it for those interested in urban fantasy or paranormal crime stories! It was well-paced and entertaining all the way through!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG