J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Meet KAI from COMING DARKNESS!

MEET MY CHARACTER
  1. Who are you?
    • What is your name?
      • ·   My name is Kai.
    • Are you a fictional or historical character?
      • ·   I am a construct, a figment of an author’s imagination.
    • What should we know about you?
      • ·   For the past 700 years I have walked this earth with my mate, Lucifer, the Morningstar. We met on the morning after my maker and Master, Aram, died. I was determined to greet the sun and join my Master in the afterlife - Lucifer had other ideas. I am unashamed to say that he is the center of my universe.
      • ·   Because of our association and my choice to isolate myself from those of my kind, rumor and speculation have run rampant. They say I am Lucifer’s plaything. They say he has forbidden me from feeding upon humans. They consider me an imposter, a pretender living above my station. They are wrong.
      • ·   My Master was Ronin trained. Ronin are a fearsome and elusive race of warriors. Merely seeking them out is an arduous and dangerous process. For them to accept and train a vampire was unprecedented. Aram mastered their techniques and, in turn, taught me. Ronin believe in honor – their code is strict, inflexible. It is the duty of those with strength to steward those who are weak.  We fought when it was required, not merely to satisfy our blood lust. Following that code was hard, but satisfying. After Aram’s demise, Lucifer picked up the mantle of teacher and trainer. He teased me about my sense of honor, but he respected it.
      • ·   Among the gifts bestowed upon me through Clan Air is the gift to command shadows. That, combined with my training and practice as a warrior, makes me quite deadly.
      • ·   Time has blurred Other-kin memory. I will teach them, and they will remember.
  1. Tell us about your story:
    • When and where is your tale set?
      • ·   Modern day Charleston, South Carolina, America. We have homes all over the world, but have lived here in the Ashley House, on the Ashley River, since the late 1880s.
    • What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
      • ·   What anyone wants, I suppose. To live in peace. To love deeply and without cares. Is that a fairy tale? If so, my life with Lucifer up until now has been a fairy tale.
    • What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
      • ·   Secrets, lies. All was not as perfect as it would seem. My life is now spiraling out of control and I cannot stop it. No, that’s not true. I am spiraling out of control.  I suspect that my love, my mate, the one I trusted with not only my life, but with all that I am, has changed me. Things that never bothered me before are grating on my nerves. I am killing without thought, with glee and abandon. My decisions are poorly thought out and irrational. I have accepted a slave! I am no longer in control of myself. I fear that I will not come out of this unchanged – how can I?
  1. How do I get a copy of your book?
    • What is the title or working title for this piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG