J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Monday, May 25, 2020

My Review of Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident

Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass IncidentDead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident by Donnie Eichar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Satisfying closure

There was some beautiful poetry in this book. One of my favorite examples is from chapter 3: "For artist and intellectuals, the Khrushchev years were badly needed irrigation after decades of cultural drought." Gems of literary art!
In addition, my intrigue with the Dyatlov Pass Incident was satisfied. Not only did I learn a lot and enjoy a vivid trek along the modern trail the hikers took in 1959, I was walked through the theories and their plausibility. Best yet, I got a real answer to the mystery that's scientifically sound as well as supported by the facts from the case.
Excellent book. I suggest it for any reader who loves history, mystery, conspiracies, or thrillers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG