J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Monday, October 21, 2019

James J. Cudney's Hiram Grey

MEET MY CHARACTER

Haunted House Ghost: Death At The Fall Festival (Braxton Campus Mysteries Book 5) by [Cudney, James J.]
1.   Who are you?
o   What is your name?
·   Hiram Grey
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
·   Fictional
o   What should we know about you?
·   I’m the Wharton County magistrate and have been presiding over trials in this jurisdiction for nearly 40 years. I’ll be retiring soon, as I’m almost 75 years old and in need of a lighter schedule. My first wife, Prudence, disappeared shortly after giving birth to our son, Damien. I believe she was killed in a fire on campus, but since we never found a body, we waited a long time for her to resurface. She never did. It saddened me, but I went on to marry five more times. There’s a possibility that I’m distantly related to King Henry VIII, but I promise you I never beheaded any of my wives. Ignore the rumors. They all left of their own free will.
2.   Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·   Braxton, Pennsylvania. It’s 1 of 4 towns in Wharton County in north-central Pennsylvania. We have the Saddlebrooke National Forest, the Wharton Mountains, Crilly Lake, and the Finnulia River surrounding us. And the story takes place on the campus of Braxton College, where that nosy professor, Kellan Ayrwick likes to pretend he’s a detective. This time, he also bought one of my houses and keeps telling me that it came with a ghost. What a nut!
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   I’m searching for my 6th wife. I have 5 sons by 5 different wives. I might be almost 75 but I still need a daughter. Got any suggestions? Oh yeah, I also want to put to rest that ugly rumor that I killed my first wife, Prudence. She disappeared, and I had nothing to do with it.
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   Nothing really… I was happy to let people tell their tall tales… until that skeleton was found. Now I look even guiltier.
3.   How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?
o   Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
·   You can purchase it now or in the future @ http://bit.ly/HHGhost
 B07KRQR6BN

1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic. Hi Hiram! Glad to see you escaped my book for a few minutes to look for your 6th wife. Good luck with THAT! -J

    ReplyDelete

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG