J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Nobel Prize In Literature

DID YOU KNOW?


#DidYouKnow is a Blog Series on www.jmnorthup.com and www.nornstriad.com

When I think about the Nobel Prize, I think about science or peace.  I didn't realize they were given to recognize writers.  Considering my love for literature and my status as an author, this fascinated me.

DID YOU KNOW:
  • Any of SIX prizes are awarded annually, traditionally on the day that the founder, Alfred Nobel died.
The prize amount
(1 to 3 winners are selected.  The amount is shared amongst the Laureates.)


1901-2018: 110 prizes awarded to 114 laureates.
  • Nobel Laureates are selected and awarded by the Nobel Foundation - a board of deputies appointed by Norwegian Parliament and some learned societies of Sweden.
Image result for nobel prize

4 comments:

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG