J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Friday, July 26, 2019

Barry London from Mr Zero by Mark Slade


MEET MY CHARACTER
1.   Who are you?
o   What is your name?
BARRY LONDON
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
No.
o   What should we know about you?
·   I work for Cuban mob boss Peter Choaladi. I take care of problems any of Mr. Choaladi’s friends might have. One of my operatives is Leon “Pop” Brown, who is also a surrogate father to me.
2.   Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·   All over United States, usually on the East coast.
·   First book, “Mr. Zero” is set in my home town in New Jersey. Hadn’t been there in ten years, but a friend of Mr. Choaladi called up and needed help with locating a missing video tape.
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   To protect the interests of my Boss and spend as much time with Pop.
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   Cops. Usually others trying to cross Mr. Choaladi and myself. Cops are not always a problem, unless Feds, because my boss has friends in high places, and Pop used to be a bus driver in Manhattan, so he knows a lot of people in high places, too.
3.   How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?
·     Mean Business (a collection of short stories about London that appeared in Switchblade, Mystery Tribune, etc.
o   Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
·   Mr.Zero is available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG