J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

J.M. Northup's Reviews > Breaking Ties

Breaking TiesBreaking Ties by Jo Grafford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great Historical Fiction

I love history and the mystery of the Roanoke colony. This book did a wonderful job exploring what might've happened while bringing to life a rich tale of love, discovery, suspicion, and betrayal.
The author did an amazing job describing the era. She was very knowledgeable about the ships and sailing, as well as other historical elements. I love that she used the proper verbiage even in the narrative. It really drew you into that time.
Though I enjoyed the characters, my favorite was the spunky Jane. She is a woman ahead of her time. I, also, loved Manteo. His description honors Native American culture while keeping you guessing about what he really thinks and desires.
As a writer and publisher, my leisure reading is extremely limited these days, even though I love reading. BREAKING TIES was worth investing my time and money. Upon finishing, I immediately bought book 2.
I definitely recommend this book to those who love the genres of romance, intrigue, historical, colonial, or adventure.

View all my reviews

LINKS:   US   UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG