J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Quinn MacCann from K.S. Jones' Current WIP


MEET MY CHARACTER


1.   Who are you?
o   What is your name?
·   Quinn MacCann
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
·   I am a fictional female drawn from the strength and moral fabric of so many pioneer women who braved the frontier.
o   What should we know about you?
·   I am a twenty-two-year-old woman born of Irish blood. I do not believe in true love, but I married anyway only to find myself quickly widowed. Alone with nowhere to go, I've snatched a "Women Wanted" flyer off the church bulletin board and, in answer, I have used my last coins to hire a wagon to get there.
2.   Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·   My story takes place in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California. It is 1849 and the Gold Rush has captured the attention of almost every man, worldwide.
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   A woman should never be wholly dependent upon a man—they are not dependable in the least, nor are they trustworthy. It is my intention to become an independent businesswoman so that I will never need to rely on another.
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   Gold country is in dire need of women, but the occupations are unbefitting me: Saloon girls, a schoolmarm, wives for lonely men, and a cook.
·   A saloon girl, I am not. I do not possess the friendly nature required, especially to men whom I have little use for anyway.
·   And although I am well educated having attended the Oregon Institute, I am certainly no schoolmarm.
·   Being a wife again is clearly out of the question, and what I know about cooking wouldn't fill a spoon. Oh, have I mentioned the rumor of food poisoning that surrounds the death of my former husband? For now, I'm keeping quiet on that matter.
3.   How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?
·   The title is still undecided, but for reference purposes is it ONE TRUTH.
o   Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
·   It is not available yet. It is truly a Work-In-Progress (WIP) in its polishing stage. I am talking with publishers, but it is not ready to submit at this time. Hopefully, it will be on the market in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG