J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

K.S. Jones' Character, - Sooze Williams


MEET MY CHARACTER

1.   Who are you?
o   What is your name?
·   My name is Sooze. Sooze Williams. Sometimes folks think my name is hard to pronounce, but it ain't really. It sounds the same as sayin' Sue's, like "Sue's got a stomach ache," or "Sue's got an 'A' on her English paper," or "That's Sue's hair ribbon, ain't it?"
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
·   Meg, Amy, Beth, and Jo March are made-up girls, so I guess I am, too. They're in my favorite book, called "Little Women." I guess that makes me fictional, just like the March sisters.
o   What should we know about you?
·   I just turned sixteen, but sometimes I feel a whole lot older. I have chores to do on our family farm, but my favorite is planting the garden and keeping it weeded and watered. Oh, and it's probably important to tell you that I love to read and I'm devoted to my family.
2.   Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·   My home is in Coaldale, Arkansas, which is not fictional, like me. It's on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border and it's the prettiest place you could ever see. But, 1932 brought hard times. It seems no man can find a job that pays enough to support his family, so lots of folks are leaving here looking for a better place.   
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   Want and need are two different things, and what I want don't matter much. What I need is to help my family put food on the table, buy clothes, and maybe even put some money back to save up for a college education for my little sister, Cora. If I was daydreamin' though, I'd tell you that what I want is true love, just like my Mama and Daddy have for each other   
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   I've made the decision to marry my first and only boyfriend, David Huckabee. Now, don't get confused—David is not my true love. Fact is, sometimes I don't even like him much, but his Mama and Daddy own the General Store and he's the richest boy I know. He's nice enough to me, but he sure don't like my family, which aggravates me to no end. But, if I marry David, I'll get a job working in the store earning enough money to really help Mama and Daddy. I won't be a burden to them anymore.
3.   How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?
·   My story is told in the book, SHADOW OF THE HAWK.
o   Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG