J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Sunday, March 25, 2018

My Book Review of IT LIVES IN THE BASEMENT

It Lives in The BasementIt Lives in The Basement by Sahara Foley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*Scary Modern Take On Inca Myth*

This book was a fun read, but frightening. I can see why it was a 2016 Readers' Favorite Finalist in the Fiction - Fantasy - Urban genre!

I am enthralled by myth, lore, and antiquity. The Inca are such an interesting culture, and it was cool to see that interwoven into this modern day tale. It enriched the story and made you think 'what if?' It also fits with ancient alien beliefs while highlighting some archeological facts.

I can tell the author researched the legends and creation myths in detail. She did a great job pulling it into the story without distracting from the fear factor or entertainment of the reading experience. I definitely recommend this book!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Julie. You're the first person who even mentioned the link to the ancient Gods. Most readers just dwell on the creature. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why a basement remodeling project should first and foremost consider proper waterproofing before trying to convert this room to other useful purposes. Basement remodeler

    ReplyDelete

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG