WIPs and New Releases
1) Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø What is the story about?
· It is a continuation of the life of a character created in NEWTON RAMSEY, SHOOTIST.
Ø Who is the main character?
· Newt Ramsey.
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did the story come to you?
· I had not planned a sequel to NEWTON RAMSEY, SHOOTIST, but, one day, I began to think about what I would do with the character if there was a sequel. Next thing you know, there was a sequel in the works.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
Ø If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
· The relative modernity of the town of Tucson, Arizona Territory in the time framing of the late 1870's and early 1880's.
3) Do you relate to your character?
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you, personally?
· Isn't every character created in every book? Yes, or at least I would like to be like him, or maybe have made him like me in some respects.
Ø If yes, then how?
· In his adaptability to life and what it brings to him. In his desire for a great love which would last the entire term of his life.
Ø If no, how do you differ from one another?
· He is brave, stalwart, proven. Those are things I would like to think are part of my make-up, but cannot really evaluate.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you, or made you want to tell their story?
· I decided to write a coming of age story, and set it in the 1860-1880 time frame, originally. I thought after the first book, the character would have grown, would have the desire to take chances with romance, with life again. He did in the sequel.
4) Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
It is a sequel. They should read NEWTON RAMSEY, SHOOTIST before this one.
5) When will the novel be available for purchase?
My guess is sometime in the mid to late summer of this year.
Ø Has the book already been published?
Ø If not, when is the approximate release date?
· Sometime in the mid to late summer of this year.
Ø If yes, do you have a link available for buying it?No, but, in time, the link will be http://mybook.to/theshootist2