J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Saturday, July 8, 2017

New Release from J.D. Frettier!

WIPs and New Releases

1)      Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø  What is the story about?
·   I’m actually working on FIVE at the moment, but I just release one.
·   Linda Gets Her Groove Thing  is the 2nd installment in The Green Room Chronicles.
Ø  Who is the main character?
·   Linda White.
2)     What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·   I’d been on the phone with customer service and I decided to write a story about an internet purchase gone awry. From there, the story took off.
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
·   I had to research sorcery and casting spells.
Ø  If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
·   I’m not easily surprised, but I did have fun writing a few spells.
3)     Do you relate to your character?
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
·  In some ways.
Ø  If yes, then how?
·   When she was talking to the customer service representative at Diskreet Adult Fantasy, I could relate to her ire and lack of patience. Also, though I’ve never been cheated on and deceived like Linda had… I thought, WWJD? (What would Jennifer/ J.D Frettier do if this happened to them)
4)    What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
The Green Room Chronicles is about life after death, in Purgatory, only I call it The Green Room. I wanted to write a cheeky look at Purgatory and tried to make it fun if you had to stay there for an extended time.
Linda Gets Her Groove Thing, I wanted to write about a woman who had been cheated on and deceived who delighted in the fact that Karma became her new BFF.
5)     Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
The Green Room Chronicles are meant to be light-hearted, spicy and fun. They’re short reads (an hour-ish).
6)    When will the novel be available for purchase?
Available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG