1) What is the title of your book?
BEAUTIFUL & HERO.
Ø What is the story about?
· Karla Na’Shell Jacobs believes she lives a normal twenty-eight year old life. She is educated, is successful in her career field in banking and feels she has her life pretty much together. Until she goes out with her friends one night and gets mugged in the restaurant parking lot.
· As Karla watched her life flash before her eyes, she is suddenly rescued by the devilishly handsome Derius Kenai Phillips. She instantly falls for the one she affectionately calls “Hero”. There is just one problem with her instant love… He is only in the eleventh grade!
· From then on, Karla goes on a romantic rollercoaster ride with her relationship with Derius. Even though her better judgment tells her that she could end up in prison, she continues to fall for Derius anyway. As their relationship flourishes, Karla learns the complexities of dating a younger man. Throughout their relationship, Karla endures with how Derius’s mother, his friends, her family, her friends and even herself feels about her relationship.
· Derius is like no man Karla has ever met before; his love and devotion for her make it hard for Karla to just walk away. In the end, when it’s all said and done, Karla ultimately realizes through her “Hero” that age really doesn’t matter when it comes to matters of the heart.
Ø Who is the main character?
· Karla Na’Shell Jacobs.
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did the story come to you?
· It was kinda interesting – I wanted to write something interesting, but kinda new to the African American community. It still has drama, but with a unique twist.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
· No, not really. I looked up a few references for some of the things I used, but the rest I just made up.
Ø If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
· Nothing really. I just found what I could use and went from there.
3) Do you relate to your character?
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
· Yeah, maybe a little
Ø If yes, then how?
· I am career orientated. I tend to love hard, and I am a worrywart LOL.
Ø If no, how do you differ from one another?
· Karla’s emotions drive her. She is completely unaware of them. She wants to look normal, but fears her own heart.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
· The story just kind of came to me on day. It was not important, it was just me killing boredom.
· As I was writing it, I felt the story take a life of its own. I just went with the flow, and kept writing.
4) Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
It’s an unorthodox love story. You have to have an open mind to see the beauty in it.
5) When will the novel be available for purchase?
BEAUTIFUL & HERO is available right now. The sequel is also available - Learn More *HERE*
Ø Do you have a link available for buying it?
· Barnes & Noble - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/beautiful-hero-chimia-y-hill-burton/1104215467?ean=9781500313401