J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Saturday, July 8, 2017

99cent eBook Sale - A PRISONER WITHIN

My Psychological Thriller
A PRISONER WITHIN
Is on SALE Now from 
July 8th through 14th!

Only 99cents for a LIMITED TIME!

Author's note

This book was my initial version of horror.  My youngest daughter loves dark fiction and asked me to write something in the genre.  I wanted to write a monster thriller that was both realistic and terrifying, but not cliché.  For me, there is nothing more frightening than a manipulative psychopath dominating someone weaker.
A PRISONER WITHIN was very therapeutic for me.  It allowed me to purge some of my personal nightmares while bringing awareness to the subjects of neglect and abuse. Though this is a work of fiction, portions of the story are based on real events; some originating from my own experiences – either as the victim or a witness – while others were taken from accounts of people I know to have lived through them. Of course, I had to take some creative liberties in order to write a cohesive story, developing the storyline in the necessary direction, so some aspects are simply imagined.
I take neglect and abuse seriously.  It wasn’t easy to write to this novel, but I felt it was necessary, not only for awareness, but to offer hope as well.  I want my readers to leave with a sense of hope and to understand that life is about choices.  Everyone has secrets, but what happens when they are brought to light?  How do you discern the victim(s) from the perpetrator(s) when things aren’t always as they appear?

Reviews

​"With A PRISONER WITHIN, J.M. Northup hits her stride."
-Kathleen O'Neal Gear & W. Michael Gear, authors of PEOPLE OF THE MORNING STAR-
"I sat stunned after I finished this book."
-Amazon review-

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG