J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

2nd Edition Release of Carrie Whitethorne's PRIME!

WIPs and New Releases

1)      Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø  What is the story about?
·   It centers around Charlotte, a girl from the north west of England, and her life after a whirlwind romance with a handsome stranger, called Callan. After a weekend, together, they part ways, and her life is changed dramatically.
·    Years later, they meet again and her two children begin to behave strangely. Callan believes he can help, and talks her into visiting his friends on the Scottish island of Arran to find answers to her questions. The three-part story moves on from there.
Ø  Who is the main character?
·   Charlotte, a single mother of twins.
2)     What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·   I was walking my children to school and the eldest stepped into the road, with a car dangerously close. After the customary warnings, steadying of heart rate and internal monologue of how I should have had a tighter hold of his hand, I got him to school safely. On my way home, I began to wonder, ‘what if?’ Not only the usual questions, but my overactive imagination kicked in and asked, ‘what if he could have saved himself? ‘
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
·  Yes, I had to consider many things from landscapes to the construction of monoliths.  I researched this by visiting local sites, and even climbing the Cumbrian Mountains to get the descriptions as accurate as possible.
Ø  If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
·   Throughout the series, I’ve researched British folklore, visited a variety of locations to get a feel for the places I’m writing into the books and spent an unusual amount of time referencing fell walker blogs. Luckily, I live on the edge of the Lake District in the north west of England, and we have no shortage of beautiful landscapes, historical landmarks, caves, beaches and lakes that I can draw inspiration from.
3)     Do you relate to your character?
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
·   Absolutely. She has a fair few of my attributes.
Ø  If yes, then how?
·   She loves her wine! In all seriousness, though, she wants what is best for her family and will do anything to maintain their happiness.
·   Charlotte doesn’t take anything lying down, can and will fight her own corner and stops at nothing to keep her children safe. Along with that, she understands the importance of family and friends, and loves them fiercely.
Ø  What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
·   I needed a mum. It’s the one thing I know how to be.
·   I think we all have a bit of Charlotte in us, whether we have children, pets, partners, friends, and her love of them all makes her very special. I love her dearly, from her internal mutterings to her fear for her children. She often gets things wrong, and isn’t afraid to admit that. I think that’s a very important attribute that I believe we can all learn from her.  I respect that.
4)    Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
Prime, and the following books in the series, tell the story of a regular, hardworking woman who wants the best for her family.  No matter what she faces, Charlotte does her very best to make ethical choices and rarely puts herself first.  I hope that people enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them, and that they can truly rally behind Charlotte in her struggle to do what’s right while doing what she needs to for her family.
5)    When will the novel be available for purchase?
Now, the book’s second edition launched March 6th 2017!
Ø  Do you have a link available for buying it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG