J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Prophecy by Chantal Bellehumeur

Book Spotlight

1)      What is the title of your book?
THE PROPHECY by Chantal Bellehumeur
Ø  What is the story about?
·   The story is mainly about a girl who witnessed her parents getting murdered as a child and seeks revenge. As the title suggests, its also about a prophecy.
Ø  Who is the main character?
·   A girl named Lorena.
2)     What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·   I was modelling a hooded medieval dress during an outdoor photo shoot, and the photographer had me pretend I was casting a spell. He later photoshoped that particular picture to make it look like yellow light was coming out of my hands, and seeing it got me thinking.
Ø  If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
·   I did not have to do much research for this novel since I created a fantasy world and mostly made my characters act how I wanted them to. I did however look up a few minor things such as coronation ceremonies as well as the manners of a princess.
3)     Do you relate to your character?
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
·   The protagonist is somewhat like me.
ü   How are you alike?
o   Physically, Lorena is short, skinny, and has long red hair as well as green eyes like I do.
ü   How do you differ from one another?
o   Personality wise, she is very sarcastic, likes to explore, plus ponders and talks to herself a lot.
o   I wish I knew how to do magic.
Ø  What made you write this character; were they based on a real person or something that inspired you?
·   The character was simply based on a picture which became the cover for the book.
ü   What should readers know about this character?
o   When Lorena was twelve years old, she witnessed her parents getting murdered. She was hiding in a secret room within her cabin in the woods at the time.
o   Before getting killed, Lorena's mother gave her a necklace with a white gem hanging from it. She told Lorena to keep it safe. Lorena later found out how precious it was.
o   Shortly after her parents' death, Lorena got kidnapped and soon discovered some family secrets along with a prophecy that involved the destruction of the queen by an army of dragons. Lorena was more or less forced to help ensure that the prophecy would not come true.
o   Lorena grew up, living in a castle like a princess, seeking revenge for her parents murder but not knowing whom to trust.
o   During her stay in the castle, Lorena learned magic. She also found a way to secretly explore on my own at night, using secret passages, and discovered many interesting things that helped her in her quest.
o   Lorena has a love interest .
ü   Why is this character important to you?
o   Without her, there would be no story.
Ø  Do you consider the main character of your story to be good or bad, and why?
·   I consider the main character of my story to be good. Although she seeks revenge and is tempted by dark magic, she ends up doing what she believes is right based on facts.
Ø  What’s the objective of your character?
·   To seek revenge for her parent's murder, and learn the truth about tragic events that happened in the past to set the record straight.
4)    Is this novel a standalone?
Yes, this novel is a standalone.
5)     Where can readers connect with you and purchase your book?
Readers can connect with me on my Facebook author page: www.facebook.com/Chantal-Bellehumeur-public-author-page-347446362035640
They can purchase a copy of my fantasy book on Amazon: www.amazon.com/Chantal-Bellehumeur/e/B008YX5YGK

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG