J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nod Blake

MEET MY CHARACTER

1.      Who are you?
o   What is your name?
·   Blake, private investigator
o   Are you a fictional or historical character?
·   Fictional
o   What should we know about you?
·   I’m a former cop, now all-but washed up detective. I smoke, drink, and cuss on occasions. I hate guns and black licorice. I’m allergic to most pain medications. My secretary is constantly getting me into trouble with the law. Oh yeah, and I receive psychic flashes from victims who beg me to solve their murders, during which I repeatedly see – and personally experience – their deaths. (Yeah, it’s almost as much fun as it sounds.)
2.      Tell us about your story:
o   When and where is your tale set?
·   Chicago 1979
o   What is your personal goal?  I mean, what do you ultimately want?
·   To catch a killer before I’m tagged with his crimes – or die reliving them.
o   What is standing in your way?  What conflict(s) do you face?
·   Fate conspiring with destiny to do me dirt. Read that: Mounting murders, each looking as if I might have committed them (coupled with the joy of suffering the victims’ deaths), and a hateful homicide detective willing to pin them on me.
3.      How do I get a copy of your book?
o   What is the title or working title for this piece?
·   Red Herrings Can’t Swim’ (A Nod Blake Mystery)
o   Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
·   Look for it, in paperback and Kindle editions, in mid June 2017 on Amazon.

Get Book 1 in the series while you wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG