J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Sunday, February 19, 2017

ROBIN MURPHY's CURRENT WIP - Savannah's Secret

WIPs and New Releases

1)      Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry…
Ø  What is the story about?
·   Savannah’s Secret is the fifth book in my paranormal mystery series and takes place in Savannah, GA.
·   The SIPS ghost investigation team is called to help a family discover what paranormal activities have taken place on their farm, which involves the possibility of a pig being slaughtered by a vampire.
Ø  Who is the main character?
·   Marie (Bartek) Miller
2)     What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·   After visiting Savannah, GA and learning about the different myths and folklore written about this historic town, it was a natural fit to pull the element of vampires into the story line.
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
·   Absolutely, research is key when writing any story.
·   When I’m able to visit the town or city I’m using as my setting, it helps me bring more detailed descriptions to the page for a reader.
Ø  If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
·   That there were articles written about there being a vampire sanctuary in Savannah.
3)     Do you relate to your character?
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
·   Yes, a portion of my personality (the responsible me) is in my main protagonist, Marie, but the other half (the fun and sometimes crazy side) is in her best friend, Gale Winters.
·   I was asked a great question once when I did an interview with someone who had just read my first book in the series, which was, “So which one are you, Marie or Gale?” I knew I had hit the mark with what I portrayed in the story.
Ø  What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
·   I think the excitement of being able to have psychic abilities always intrigued me. Writing about someone who has these gifts and going on investigations, as well as, helping solve mysteries have been a blast to write about.
4)    Is there anything specific you want readers to know about this piece of work?
Only that I hope to pull them into my story and take them on a ride of mystery and leave them satisfied in the end.
5)    Has the book already been published?
·   No, not yet, but you can purchase copies of the books in the series at: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0161WVYIW
Ø  If not, when is the approximate release date?
·   Hopefully, in time for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG