J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Sahara Foley's Current WIP

AND THE SAGA CONTINUES!


1)      Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry…
It is the 3rd book in my Excalibur Saga. 
Ø  What is the story about?
·   It takes place many years after the 2nd one, and follows one of the descendants from Pam and Excalibur’s union.   It starts on Earth where Karrin is an orphan, living in a horrible place called the HOME.  She’s saved from a terrible fate by Cook.  But one day, an Ispepyein Warrior shows up with a contract to kill seven year-old Karrin.  Why do the Calen’s fear her and want her dead?  What is her true destiny?  Lurga Pukani has sworn a blood oath with Cook to find out, and so the hunter becomes the protector.
Ø  Who is the main character?
·   Karrin
2)     What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·   This is one of Bob’s, but he based Karrin on my childhood.  I grew up being told I was a retard and I thought that about myself for many years.   The part where Karrin used to lay on the ground and let the ants crawl over her, I did that myself.  It was my escape from the Human world, but I also felt connected to Mother Nature.
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
·   No, not at this time. 
3)     Do you relate to your character?
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
·   Yes, she overcomes a terrible beginning to become the person she was meant to be.
Ø  What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
·   You’d have to ask Bob why this story was important to him.  He didn’t share those little tidbits with me. 
4)    Is there anything specific you want readers to know about this piece of work?
It starts dark, and I’m sure some people will be offended by the use of RETARD and DUMMY, but those are part of the story.  Without them, Karrin’s story wouldn’t have the same impact.
5)     When will the novel be available for purchase?
God, I wanted it done in December, 2016.  LOL.  So, now I’m shooting for May or June, 2017.  The Revenge of Excalibur was released in June 2016, so that would keep me in the same time frame.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG