WIPs and New Releases
1) Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry…
Ø What is the story about?
· My latest wip is provisionally titled Companion of Darkness, and is book one of a new high fantasy series set in the Neverwar universe. It’s set a long, long time before the series, and follows a young faeire girl called Jesaela, who is ripped away from her family to become the companion to the Eldar King’s daughter, Lyssa.
Ø Who is the main character?
· The main is Jesaela. She’s an innocent young soul who gets dragged into a dark and evil place, and has to overcome her fears to uncover the secrets to break an ancient curse.
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did the story come to you?
· I wanted to tell a story of how the darkness (the main enemy in the Neverwar series) comes about. There are a few characters in this book that are mentioned in Neverwar. Glyran the dragon, for instance, is one of the main characters.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
· Nope, it’s pure high fantasy this time. No science fiction. I just make it all up because, well, magic and shit ;)
3) Do you relate to your character?
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
· Not at all. She’s a total fabrication. She will grow a lot in book one though, and has a pretty hard times ahead of her.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
· I love writing strong female characters. Katheryne from Tales of the Neverwar has received some great feedback in reviews of the books. I hope the same thing will happen here.
4) Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
Just that is set way, way before the events of even the prequel to the Neverwar, Origins of the Never.
5) When will the novel be available for purchase?
Book one should hopefully be out in the spring/summer timeframe.
Ø Do you have a link available for buying it?
· I don’t have a buy link yet, but I have a Facebook group set up for people to pre-read and give feedback on raw chapters as I write them. In return they will get a free copy of the book upon release. Here’s the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1026980470704636/