J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Review of Mary Deal's Novel THE HOWLING CLIFFS


The Howling Cliffs (A Sara Mason Mystery)The Howling Cliffs by Mary Deal
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An Enjoyable Read That Will Keep You Guessing!
I really love the writing style of Mary Deal! I love the detail she uses to bring the world her tales are set in to life. She brings a rich picture to the canvas and draws me in, giving me everything I need to fully envision the landscape and people she is describing.
I really enjoyed the mystery and suspense of this novel. It was a good story line that keep my interest and provoked me to keep guessing who, what, and where... I also loved the protagonist, Sara. She is a likable character and her friendship with Birdie is one of my favorite aspects of the novel! I like the positive and empowering way the female characters are portrayed!
I am looking forward to reading Mary's next book!

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this positive review. Am so grateful. Love that you loved the story and the characters and saw what powerful woman these are; not to overlook Birdie, who almost ran away with the show. Thank you so much! (Oh yes, I see the old cover with the forest gully is still floating around. I'll have to remove it everywhere it might still be lurking. The hands on the rocks is the current cover and you got it right.) Thank you again. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I do have the correct cover and I do love the characters, especially birdie!

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the late reply. I do have the correct cover and I do love the characters, especially birdie!

      Delete

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG