J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Friday, June 19, 2015

My Review of Mary Deal's RIVER BONES

River Bones: A Mystery NovelRiver Bones: A Mystery Novel by Mary Deal
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Creepy and disturbing with a touch of romance and deep friendships!
I enjoyed this story. It was very creepy and left me unsettled as I tried to figure out who the serial killer was. The climax of the book was intense and very well written!
I like Mary Deal's writing style, as I enjoy descriptive text. She also had great dialogue, creating interesting characters. She did a wonderful job of keeping me guessing what was going to happen next and the story was full of surprises. The suspense built throughout the tale and for me, the last third of the book was really engaging and hard to put down. Though the entire story had forward momentum, the tempo of the story was swift and eventful, drawing me into the last portion of the manuscript completely. I really enjoyed the twists and turns of the finale!
It was clear the author knew the Delta area described well and she did a great job bringing it to life for the reader. I am looking forward to reading more from this author and I do recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG