J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Simone Beaudelaire's WIP - HIGH PLAINS HEARTBREAK

AUTHOR WIPs and NEW RELEASES

High Plains Heartbreak
Love on the High Plains Book 3

1)      Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø  What is the story about?
High Plains Heartbreak is the story of a young man who fled his town after his sweetheart’s death. He lives the life of a bounty hunter, happy to ride through the mountains of Western Colorado, never forming any lasting attachments. That is, until a promise made to a dying friend brings him in contact with a most unusual young woman, one he can’t help desiring.
Ø  Who is the main character?
The main characters in this story are Jesse West, the bounty hunter and Adeline McCoy, a half Kiowa girl with nerves of steel
2)      What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
This is one of the many stories I dreamed up when I was a teenager to help me escape into my mind when the bullies got to be too much for me.
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
Historical novels always require research. For this one I scoured maps of Colorado and Kansas, looked up the origins of words and phrases to be sure they weren’t too modern, and even had to find out how horses were transported by train car.
Ø  If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
How different some really thriving modern communities were in 1888. Some were already significant. Others were mere clusters of houses.
3)      Do you relate to your character?
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
While my characters are always a bit like me, I think Addie is less like me than some.
Ø  If yes, then how?
We have similar values. I think it’s really difficult to write characters who are different from you in that way. I’ve never tried. Also, she tends to trust and give her heart a bit too easily.
Ø  If no, how do you differ from one another?
She’s much braver than I am. She can think fast in a crisis and isn’t afraid of armed men twice her size.
Ø  What made you write these characters; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
I’m not sure how to put it into words. With these older storylines, I feel like… they helped me get through a hard time in my life. Now I want to bring them to life. Oddly, once I start the process, they seem to take over and become something new I didn’t realize when I sat down.
4)      Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
It’s kind of a different take on a western historical romance. While there are shootouts and horses, it’s not a sexy cowboy story. Like all my romances, regardless of the setting, it’s truly a journey into the tangled world of the human psyche.
5)      When will the novel be available for purchase?
Ø  Has the book already been published?
Not yet. High Plains Heartbreak is in its final formatting stage
Ø  If not, when is the approximate release date?

The book should be released on or around February 10, right in time for Valentine’s Day.

Click on the photo to be redirected to the Amazon page for details and purchasing options
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG