MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· Marie Bartek
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
o What should we know about you?
· I live and work on Sullivan’s Island, SC as the veterinarian. I also rediscovered my psychic abilities after squelching them since I was a young girl. With the help of my best friend, Gale Winters, we co-founded the Sullivan’s Island Paranormal Society, SIPS. We’ve done quite a few ghost investigations, but one of the most amazing things we’ve accomplished is helping solve a few crimes here on the island.
2. Tell us about your story:
o When and where is your tale set?
· Basically, here on Sullivan’s Island and the surrounding islands. We’ve also traveled to New Orleans and Washington, DC.
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· I want to better understand my psychic abilities and help others who have these abilities who aren’t quite sure how to handle them. I want to continue to help people who have paranormal activity taking place either in their homes or businesses, to understand that it’s not necessarily a bad thing, or to even debunk something supernatural. Sometimes it really is a pipe rattling.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· At times myself and my confidence in my abilities. Other times I have to deal with a demon trying to take me over, or worse yet, someone close to me.
3. How do I get a copy of your book?
o What is the title or working title for this piece?
· Federal City’s Secret
o Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
· The cover has just been redesigned, so it should be released very soon.