J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Thursday, June 26, 2014

My MALEFICENT Review

MALEFICENT is Magnificent!

I have always liked the story of SLEEPING BEAUTY.
The whole Disney princesses thing is super cute and fun for girls of all ages.
Still, I am digging the new trend where "the prince" or "knight in shining armor" isn't the rescuer!
I like that women are being empowered enough to save themselves or each other, like in Disney's FROZEN!
I loved the writing and the cinematography of this film.
I love the costume design and the casting!
I am a huge fan of Angelina Jolie and I love the Fanning sisters, so it was cool to see Elle Fanning as the princess.
Still, that wasn't the man reason I loved this movie.
The main reason I enjoyed this movie so much was because of
the love story.
The love that moves and motivates.
The love that builds and destroys.
The love that is pure and human!
If you haven't seen this movie yet, you should!
It is fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Nice review J.M. It's a nice movie to look at, but there's hardly a story here. And even if there is, it's the most conventional one ever put together.

    ReplyDelete

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG